SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
michie1_gw

Sleep Problems - Problem #1 (long)

michie1
22 years ago

We have 2 sleep problems. The 1st is trying to get 7 mos. old daughter to sleep in her crib (she's been sleeping in bed with us) at night. In her younger mos when she slept allot more during the day & even now that she naps very little during the day she usually slept/napped wherever she fell asleep - in swing, bounsey seat, car seat carrier, on the sofa with me...

Now we've started putting her in her crib for naps (which isn't much she we're lucky if she takes a max of 2 naps/day lasting all of 20-30 min each) & down at night once she's already asleep. She sleeps through the night 10-12 hrs. & doesn't wake up startled or anything in the morning.

How can I start getting her to fall asleep on her own in her crib, rather than putting her in when she's already asleep. We have to rock, walk or cuddle her to fall asleep before we transfer her. If we just put her down she just cries & tosses & turns & kicks & get's stuck with arm under her back or in the corner of the crib, so I feel bad letting her go for too long. Any ideas?

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!