Return to the Parents of Infants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Good Toys for 7 mos Old

Posted by Michie1 (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 6, 02 at 23:06

I find that although we have many toys - some on exersaucer, some we carry with us, some in play pen, some in her bedroom & some in the livngroom where we spend most of the day I find that since I put baby down with several toys at a time that they seem to get boring after a while. She has dolls, muscial/electronic toys, ring stacker, Baby Mozart video, hand sized rattles & teethers & stuffed animals, etc. What toys does your baby about this age have that might be interesting. I was thinking of getting her stacking/nesting cups & some musical instruments so she can learn cause & effect. Any other ideas?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Good Toys for 7 mos Old

When DS was about that age all we could do was keep rotating him around the room to different toys and things. I think that really infants that age do tend to get bored quickly with toys and it seems that they don't really get into them until 1 or later. Try just wondering around the house with her and showing her stuff~like look out the windows. I remember MIL calling it, "the grand tour of the house." She would take DS to each room and allow him to snoop and they'd look out the windows and all that each time we went over there. He really liked seeing his surroundings. They also seem to enjoy watching you and watching is how they learn at that age. I also always talked to DS. If I was making dinner and he was in the room with me, I told him what I was doing and that Daddy would be home and whatever. Oh, and some of the best toys to kids are things you wouldn't consider toys. Like get her a cardboard box to play in. Give her pots and pans to to clang together. We used to joke that DS loved the stuff it came in better than the toys! LOL

~Leslie~

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Parents of Infants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here