Return to the Parents of Infants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Anyone has experience with Transatlantic Flights?

Posted by iRon (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 26, 02 at 14:06

Hi,

We are planning to fly in May with our 11 months son. It will be a 13 hours (one way, non-stop) flight, and I was wondering if anyone can share their planning, experience, conclusions, advice and in general how they prepared.

Thanks

Ron

Here is a link that might be useful: The new traveler

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Anyone has experience with Transatlantic Flights?

Just from observation, i would say have lots of small toys for the baby to play with! There is nothing worse than a bored infant on a transatlantic flight. Maybe bring a pacifier in case his ears get plugged. My MIL first took my husband overseas to the Netherlands when he was several weeks old, so it can be done! On our trip overseas last summer there was a lovely baby sitting next to us who just smiled and smiled...and rarely slept! So be prepared for baby's time clock to get out of whack.

o
RE: Anyone has experience with Transatlantic Flights?

I think Phyllis has the key - make sure you're prepared with all sorts of toys/books and and a variety of snacks and drinks to help the trip go by. It's often helpful if you can buy a few NEW toys to bring with, as baby's current toys can sometimes get boring faster than something new and exciting.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Parents of Infants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here