Return to the Parents of Infants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Rolling Over During Sleep

Posted by Monica1 (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 4, 02 at 11:59

My 3 month old DD has just recently started rolling over. Lately she has been doing this in her sleep. Should I be overly concerned (SIDS)? Should I roll her back onto her back when I find her like this or leave her alone? Is this the time to put her in a wedge or would that be dangerous because it might make her stuck on her stomach? She has begun to sleep most of the night, however, I'm not because I'm worried about her sleeping on her stomach.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Rolling Over During Sleep

The doc told me at the time that if a baby rolls over on their own, that it means their system is maturing, and SIDS is not as big of a concern. She recommended still putting her down on her back, but if she rolled over on her own, this was ok.

I was worried, too, because the 'back to sleep' sids campaign has been drilled into us. So I called my pediatrician.

o
RE: Rolling Over During Sleep

We got the same advice as TREKaren. Sure you can roll her back onto her back, but more than likely she will roll back over again if she has already done it once. Try not to worry. I know it is hard, I went through the same worry. It is amazing the stress they give us before they can even talk! ;-)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Parents of Infants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here