SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bad_wife

Any Only Children Regret It? (long)

Bad_Wife
22 years ago

I know, I know. This is a very personal decision. I always wanted 2 children. Pregnancy and labour (2 1/2 days!) were no fun for me. I have an angel I ADORE! I am now torn between staying with one child, or having a second. If we do have another, I want the kids to be close in age (like, just under 2 years apart). Since DD is not yet 3 months old, I do have some time, but that darn biological clock is ticking louder and louder (even if I do have my kids that close, I'll still be over 35 when the second is born).

I cannot image loving another child this intensely--I'm sure it's possible, I just cannot fathom it. If we stay with only one, we will be able to do so much more for her/with her. But, will she be lonely? How do kids who are that close together get along? There is 3 years between me and DS, and, quite frankly, if we weren't related we'd never be friends (don't get me wrong--I love her because she's my sister. I just would not hang out with her otherwise).

Is 2 years too close? Too far? Would an only child resent not having any siblings? Any thoughts? Like I said, I know this is a personal decision for my and my DH; I'm just looking for other people's experiences. Thanks.

Comments (22)

Sponsored