Return to the Parents of Infants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Anyone have/consider Peg Perego travel system of Infant seat?

Posted by NewToItAll (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 12, 02 at 11:23

I am in my 8th month pg and eagerly looking forward to getting an infant seat strapped in soon. My in-laws offered to buy us this travel system but my cousin said that she heard it is a pain if you travel or go to the store because you always need the base. SO my question is, can you use it in shopping carts, airplanes or other people's car's easily or is it a royal pain? If it was too difficult what did you do? If you considered it and decided not to get it why not?

I am planning on going home to my parents for one visit when baby is about 2-3 months and have a wedding in Canada when baby is 5 months and will need to have baby safe in cars and planes to both places.

Any advice?

TIA!

Newtoitall
EDD 04/08

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Anyone have/consider Peg Perego travel system of Infant seat?

I use the Peg Perego Pliko Shirpa stroller and so far am very happy with it. I also bought the universal attachment bar and use a Century Smartfit infant seat (my DD is 3 months old). I decided to go this way because I read good reviews on the stroller and Century infant seat, but not so good on the Peg Perego infant seat. By using the universal attachment bar it makes my stroller a travel system. I can also place the seat in a shopping cart. We will be putting an extra base in my husband's car also. If you are going to put the seat in someone else's car, I would think it would have to at least be a Century base, but then I would also think that would be the same for any infant seat since they are all a bit different. I have not traveled on a plane with it yet, but according to the literature I've read I would be able to. Hope this helps. Deciding on a stroller and infant seat was one of the hardest decisions I remember making - there are so many choices.

o

I have the Peg Perego Venezia stroller/carriage and I really love it. I have had it for about 3 years now, when Perego didn't offer a travel system...I don't recommend the Primo Viaggio car seat because yes...you cannot use it without the base (which is just rediculous if you ask me)...I actually just bought the Graco Duoglider because I have 2 young kids now, but while searching consumer reports I noticed that the Graco systems $200 and over are rated the highest for safety and ease of use. The Graco Snugride DX5 was the highest rated infant seat too, which is the one I ended up getting for my daughter. I would steer clear of the Perego travel system...the strollers are wonderful (a little pricey though) but the seats really aren't great and the first month they were offered they were also recalled. Not that that means much, but when the seats were recalled in April, I certainly wasn't buying one in June...

Good luck on whatever you decide.

Shelby
mom to Ethan(2) and Elsa(4m)

o

I love my graco travel system, the quattro tour, but in hindsight, I would have picked something lighter, like the peg perego. Here is a helpful link on choosing a travel system. http://www.allreviews.com/baby-strollers/2010/03/05/buying-a-stroller-travel-system-or-universal-car-seat-carrier/ Hope this helps!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Parents of Infants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here