SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nikten

breast engorgement at night and some other questions (long)

nikten
22 years ago

Ltely DD has been sleeping through the night:) She is 3 1/2 months now. Since she doesn't eat at all after 9:30p my breasts are extremely engorged when I get up and when she isn't awake yet I pump. I was just wondering if this is something that will stop happening after a while or if this is always going to happen. Sometimes I pump before I go to bed and that helps a little bit too.

2) I heard someplace that around 3 months after the birth, your breast size goes back to normal size but mine actually went up another size after 2 months. When do they go back somewhat near my normal size?

3) I read someplace that babies can learn to manipulate their parents by crying and learning that the crying gets them picked up. I thought the age they said that the child can comprehend this was by 6 months. Has anyone else heard this at all? right now I pick her up when she is crying and then I try to pick her up a lot when she is not so she will not get the idea that I only do this for crying purposes.

4) When you put your child into their playpen and they are not old enough to sit up on their own, what exactly are they supposed to do to entertain themselves or do you wait until they are old enough to sit up or do you only put them in their for naps when they can't sit up yet? I heard that it was not good for them to be in the car seat all the time but DD can play with her rattles in the car seat but loses them in the play pen. It makes me feel like I am neglecting her.

Thanks.

Comments (2)

Sponsored