SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
paty_gw

(4) 9.5 hr days or (5) 7.5 hr days... need advice!

Paty
22 years ago

I have the option of working 4 9.5 hr days vs the normal 5 7.5 hour days and I don't know what to do. I live within 5 minutes to work so there is no communte as it is. Right now I get in really early - around 7:30 or so (it's flexible) and leave around 3 or 3:30 every day. If I changed my schedule I'd get in around 7 and leave around 5 M-H and have Fridays off. (Lunch break included) T/H DD goes to daycare and they open from 7-5:30 which is a ways out of the way (if I leave at 7 to take her to daycare I don't get to work until 8 or so) but it's the best daycare around and I don't want to switch. (Plus, everywhere else has waiting lists 5 miles long!) I guess DH could take her to daycare in the morning and I could pick her up after work. He's home with her M/W/F now as it is. If I'm home Friday it would give me a day with her and him a break to get other stuff done. (He's a student.)

What shift would you rather work? I asked my boss about changing shifts and I really didn't expect him to say "yes." Since he did I'm trying to decide if this is really what I want. (I know fickle, fickle, fickle!) 9.5 hrs makes for an incredibly long day. What do you think???

Oh, and by the way - DD is still not sleeping through the night yet so we're both pretty exhausted. Would it thus be easier to have a day off or to work shorter shifts? That's another concern of mine. DH is all for the 4 9.5 hour days.

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville