Return to the Parents of Infants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Ideas for expectant Mom? Help!

Posted by whazzup (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 22, 03 at 9:30

My co-worker is expecting a baby and we have all pitched in to buy something for her. I only have a few days left to decide what to get since I am the designated shopper. Problem is, she really has everything she could need for the baby. I was thinking about just getting a gift certificate from Babies R Us. Any other ideas? I suggested to the group that we take the money and buy her a day at the spa but they all vetoed the idea.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Ideas for expectant Mom? Help!

Perhaps a gift certificate to a nice clothing store so she can buy herself something nice to wear when she is too small for maternity clothes but still too big for her regular clothes?

Or a gift certificate for a nice dinner out for her and her husband and include one of yourselves as a babysitter? It's nice to have some "alone time" with your spouse when the baby is a month or two old.

A gift certificate for a one-time cleaning by a cleaning service to be used right before she comes home from the hospital, or on a day when she has an outing with the baby.

These are just off of the top of my head-

Keli, mother of a 12 year old and an 8 month old.

o

The gift certificate is nice. I was given a couple of gc's when I had my children and I used them to buy bigger ticket items like a pack'n play and a new car seat. Diapers are nice too.

o

does she have a nursing pillow? I know a woman whose husband's coworkers bought her the breast pump--sort of odd, but greatly appreciated.

o

My SIL's coworkers got her a maid service for a few months. She loved it! They did all the stuff that gets put on the back burner when you have a new baby.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Parents of Infants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here