Return to the Parents of Infants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sleep Training - Jodi Mindell

Posted by Monkey3 (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 3, 02 at 9:19

Did anyone try to sleep train their child using Jodi Mindell's technique? SHe is known as the "kinder, gentler Ferber". Once DS is over his cold, I want to start sleep training him and thought of trying her method. I was wondering if anyone had any success with it, how it worked, etc.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sleep Training - Jodi Mindell

We did not use her particular techinique. However, the techniques we used worked wonderfully. DD is an excellent sleeper. I know this does not answer your question directly, but I just wanted to share a positive experience with sleep training.

o

Karla,

What sleeping technique did you use? Very curious.

Thanks,
jennifer

o

We took some of the points from Babywise and Ferber. We did not follow either to a tee. The biggest things that helped us were 1) the eat/play/sleep technique, and 2) giving DD time to calm herself down and learn to fall asleep on her own by not responding immediately to her fussing if we knew she was fed, changed, not sick, etc.

o

We also followed Babywise for our little guy. (also not to to a tee) but we also found the eat/play/sleep thing works wonderfully. I wish we would have used it for our first child. Our DS is totally scheduled and he is the happiest little baby I have ever known!!! At 10am, 2pm, 6pm and 10pm, that boy is sleeping no matter where he is!!
Tobi

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Parents of Infants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here