Return to the Parents of Infants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
fascinated by his cough

Posted by Tyra (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 4, 02 at 9:14

Cole, now 4 1/2 months old, has started coughing just for fun. I know he's not seriously coughing this much because he:
1. does it during playing
2. is encouraged by his grandma who coughs back
3. just smiles through it!

It's incredibly cute.
His cousin (now 2 1/2 yrs old) used to think it was soooo funny when others sneezed! Does your little one do something like this?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: fascinated by his cough

Yes! It was so cute when my six month old baby boy was about four months Daddy got a cold and cough. Next thing we knew our baby had a pretend "cough". He would smile too, just like yours and then it seemed he started to do it for extra attention when he was fussy. It was cute. He doesn't do it that much anymore. But I agree it was really adorable!

o

When dd was a baby, one of her sitters was 'on up in years'. The darling lady would grunt with effort when getting up from the rocking chair. DD started making the same sound effect when she would sit up or pull up. It was funny to all of us except her sitter! :-)

-grunt- getting up to get more coffee! Later!

o

Yeap, my 7 month old ds does the same thing and yes it is cute!

But I'm tired of telling people, he's really not sick, it's a play cough, they never believe me....

And after awhile of him doing this, I'm thinking, he's going to have a sore throat if he doesn't stop..LOL

o

Oh yes, the "fake-cough-that-gets-me-attention"! DD did that too. Too cute!

o

Then one day you'll be in a public place and the stranger behind you starts coughing over their own cigarette, and they baby coughs in mimick ... a little awkward, but very funny!

o

Hi,
You all seem very nice. But, as a 4 and a half month old with a vested interest in manipulating my parents, I'd like you to not talk about this anymore. I just started this coughing thing and I don't want them to figure it out too soon.

Thanks.

Jackson

Here is a link that might be useful: me

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Parents of Infants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here