SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
andrea_az

Daycare Dillema:(

Andrea_AZ
22 years ago

My son has been going to daycare part time (4 hrs a day) for about 1 month now and it has been going great. The sitter has her own son there (21 months) and my son and that's it so Logan gets a lot of 1 on 1 time. Today, she just told me that she is 1 month pregnant. She wanted to make sure I know that she would be able to care for Logan up until she pretty much delivers, but after that it probably won't work. (Duh). Anyway, my question is, if we start looking around now for a replacement sitter (I don't want to take him to a day care center) and we find one before September (her due date) is it okay to break our "verbal" agreement?? I feel like we should get him in a permanent situation as soon as possible b/c by Sept. he will be one year old and will have created an attachment to them. Especially her son. What do you all think?

Thanks, Andrea

Comments (2)

• JacksMom
    22 years ago

Just be upfront with your provider. You have to do what is best for your son. As a mother herself, she will certainly understand. Definitely give her plenty of notice though. Let her know you are looking for another sitter and give her the exact reasons you have stated here.

Good luck,

JacksMom

• Karla_NE
    22 years ago

Yes, I think it is ok to break the verbal agreement if you need too. In fact, I think it would be very hard to time it exactly with her pregnancy. I am sure she will understand. Just give her plenty of notice. We had a similar situation in which our DD was being watched by my friend in her home. She had one other child (her own) there. She decided after a while that she was not going to be able to do the daycare anymore for us because it was too much for her with her night job too. Anyway, so we had to switch our DD to a new daycare right around one year of age. It worked out good. We actually switched to a daycare center, which I was reluctant to do. It has actually been a positive change for DD. Don't get me wrong, she got great care with my friend. At the new daycare though, they do so many fun activities that she loves, and she gets to play with lots of other kids, which she really seems to enjoy.

I am sure it will all work out and your little one will transition just fine to a new daycare!

Sponsored
MAC Design + Build
Average rating: 4.3 out of 5 stars18 Reviews
Loudon County Full-Service Design/Build Firm & Kitchen Remodeler