SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jen_c_gw

Two week check-up and b/f update

Jen_C
22 years ago

I'd like to start by saying thanks for everyone's words of encouragement on my crying to sleep post. They really helped me to stop beating myself up. Things are going much better for us. In fact, we went to her 2 week check-up yesterday and the dr. said I was doing too good of a job (said with a smile!) My little girl was born at 7 lbs-12oz, left the hospital at 7 lbs-3 oz, and weighed in at 8 lbs-13 oz at 12 days old!!! That's a gain of 2.5 oz/day and he said they hope to see 0.5-1 oz/day! Yeah! So, he told me not to worry about waking her to eat every 3 hours b/c she's past that point and to let her decide when she's hungry! My lactation consultant agreed and assured me DD would wake and let me know when she was hungry!!!

Since then, things have gone so smoothly! Yes, she was up wide awake from 10-midnight last night, but then she slept peacefully through the night until 9:30 this morning (waking on her own to eat after no more than 3.5 hours at a time, then falling back to sleep). Let's hope last night was not just a fluke!!!

Thanks again everyone. I feel so much more relaxed now, and I'm pretty sure DD can tell.

Jen

Comments (3)

Sponsored