SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
aspene_gw

babies ingrown toenails...question #2 :)

AspenE
22 years ago

When looking at Logan's two big toes it seems that part of his nail is ingrown. It has actually looked that way since he was born, although they both look slightly better now than they did then. Is this normal? I keep forgetting to ask the doctor because we always have other "bigger" things we are talking about when I go there. I have never had an ingrown nail myself so I don't really know what to do to take care of them. Looks like it could hurt.

On the same note, I was following advice I read in a book and I was gently biting off his fingernails when he slept in my arms so that he wouldn't wake, and it was working perfectly...until I decided to use those baby finger nail clippers. The other day after church I started cutting his nails and on the 4th one he let out a wail and I had cut a huge CHUNK out of his tip of his finger! It was bleeding so much, I was freaking out, he was screaming and rubbing his hands all over his face (getting blood everywhere) I picked him up and we both had blood all over our white shirts from church, THEN my husband comes in and sees us all bloody and starts freaking out. We had to hold a washcloth on his finger for 30 min to get it to stop bleeding. Logan fell asleep after about 5 minute of crying. Poor guy. We put an adult bandaid on his finger, it looked so cute, but I felt horrible...anyway, I think for now I will just go back to biting them off, as gross as that sounds, because there is much less blood shed and fewer tears that way!

Thanks for any advice on the ingrown toenail thing too...

Aspen

Comments (7)

Sponsored