SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
aspene_gw

Taking long trip with baby, can you help me? :)

AspenE
22 years ago

My husband and I are considering taking a vacation with some friends this May, probably a 7-10 day trip sometime during the last two weeks of May. My baby, Logan, will be six months old on May 7th. We will be driving from NE to San Antonio, and then on to Corpus Christi TX. The distance in hours from here to San Antonio is about 14 hours. We may stop in Oklahoma City to visit the memorial and maybe stay there. The details aren't definite. My friends have a minivan that seats 7. There would be seven of us...4 adults, our baby, and their two daughters. We have all ridden in there together before so I know we fit. However, I was thinking that due to space maybe my husband and I would drive separately so we all have more room. We can take turns riding wherever. For a while the guys can have the car while us ladies and the kids/baby ride in the van. Not sure. Tell me what you think about that part..one car or two? My real question is just about traveling with a baby that age. I know many people have done it, my cousin had a baby the day before me and when he was 7 weeks she drove from Kentucky to Nebraska, stayed here for a while, then drove to Arizona, and then back to Kentucky...in a car also with her husband and 19 month old daughter. So I know it can be done, but I just don't want to lose my mind doing it. Have any of you traveled with a six month old? What are they doing at that age? Will he be okay in the car seat that long? I mean I know for the sake of him, and the other little girls (ages 4 and 5) we will need frequent breaks. Will it be a huge hassle? Is it worth it? We really want this vacation, but we also want it to be enjoyable? Also for any of you in TX is the heat unbearable in May? I have been there many times, but always in October or March. Please give me ANY suggestions and advice that you think might help us make some important decisions about this trip. Thanks so much.

Aspen

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Emily Rudolph Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars25 Reviews
Hands-On & Collaborative Columbus Interior Designer