SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
heatherb_gw

Help! My 6 mo. old baby is always bored/crying!

HEATHERB
22 years ago

My baby boy is almost 6 months and seems terribly bored all the time. He cries in his swing, in his exersaucer, in his johnny jump-up, in his crib, and while watching baby videos. They say it is impossible to spoil a baby this age, but he seems spoiled to me. He is only happy if I am holding him and lately, even that doesn't work. He wants me to talk to him and play with him and I only know the basic games (this little piggy, peek-a-boo, hide the toy, ect.) Do you have any suggestions? If I try to let him cry it out, he will literally cry for over an hour without even falling asleep, turns purple and red, starts shaking and coughing uncontrollably (tears..the whole works!). I don't know what to do. I can barely get any cleaning done or anything. Nothing works more than 5 minutes, unless someone is playing with him. I have a 5 year old daughter and she wasn't like this. She has always been mentally advanced yet very mellow. BUT with her I worked and now I am a stay at home mom- so maybe she just wasn't as spoiled as him. I know it is not his fault. I feel like maybe I have caused him not to have any coping skills. Please offer any advice and also any baby games you know of. Thank you!!!

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Emily Rudolph Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars25 Reviews
Hands-On & Collaborative Columbus Interior Designer