Return to the Parents of Infants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Anyone heard of Safety Sitter?

Posted by Bad_Wife (My Page) on
Tue, Jan 15, 02 at 12:51

It is made by Ecology Kids (I never heard of them,either, and have yet to find their website). It is to keep your child in a shopping cart, without your child actually touching the shopping cart. My mom saw a lady using one and thought it was great. I've only seen one on ebay, and it was laid out flat not in a shopping cart position. Anybody ever use this, and have an opinion?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Anyone heard of Safety Sitter?

I have heard of it, but never used it. It looks neat, but I don't know if it would be a pain to use. I thought about getting something like that for when my DD was first old enough to sit in the cart, but decided against it. I think other companies make similar products. I believe I saw one at www.onestepahead.com

o

BINGO

and this one looks less complicated then the one at one step ahead.

Here is a link that might be useful: Safety Sitter

o
AND.......here is their web site.

AND........here is their web site.

Here is a link that might be useful: Ecology Kids

o

I have one that my mom gave me. I never use it because it's a pain to bring it with us. Now I just use a padded piece of cloth with velcro that's made to fit around the handle of a shopping cart. That's what my baby always wants to chew on. It's small and easy.

o

I have one. I got it at Babies R Us and it's pretty easy to put on - you just velcro it around the handle and rest it in the seat. There's a belt that attaches around DS. I don't remember the brand name and it's out in the car right now. I used it once. Everytime DS saw something that interested him he would reach for it and he very easily could have fallen out of the cart. It really didn't do too much to hold him in the cart. I had to hold on to him with one hand the whole way through the store. I figure I'll try it again when I trust DS to stay in the cart on his own.

o

I have one from babies R us and it's still a little too big for 7 mo. old but she likes it better than carseat. I never walk away from the cart anyway.

o

I've never heard of these-- but have heard of the Buggy Bag (pretty pricey for my taste!) and found another site online that gives directions for making a cover (looked pretty easy).
Here's the links: http://www.buggybagg.com/Instructions.asp
and to make a cover: http://www.fiascofarm.com/gransplace/babyharness.htm

I had great intentions of making a cover-- but never got it done! We just put a recieving blanket around the shopping cart bar and sides and hook his teething links (with toys attached) around it. He's usually too focused on looking around the store to pay much attention to the cart bar!

HTH!

Magdelena
Kieran 3/12/01

o

Also Right Start sells them. We had one for DD when she was younger. I liked it. I found it really cheap at WalMart. But Right Start does sell them too. They are just a little more expensive there. Good luck!!

-Tara W

Here is a link that might be useful: Right Start

o

Thanks, everyone! I found one I like better, and it is definitely cheaper than the buggy bag.

Here is a link that might be useful: Clean Shopper

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Parents of Infants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here