Return to the Parents of Infants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Smelly Urine Diapers

Posted by Michie1 (My Page) on
Fri, Jan 18, 02 at 11:34

I find my daughter's diapers smell so strong of urine, that I can actually smell it when I'm going upstairs & she's in bed sleeping. Is this the diaper or the urine itself & does anyone else have that problem? It's beginning to stink up her room.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Smelly Urine Diapers

haven't had that, maybe it's the diaper pail?

o

My sister used Huggies for her DD, I used Luvs, and I always felt like the Huggies pee pee smelled much stronger, even if they were on the other baby. Just my experience. Plus that first morning diaper smelled much stronger than the rest of the days.

o

Yes, the diaper pail smells of it too, but that's not what I'm talking about. My daughter sleeps in my room, not where her diaper pail is kept & I can smell the urine, especially in the morning before I even get to her.

I haven't noticed that the brand of diapers has made a difference. The last month or so I've been using CVS brand & I hadn't notied the smell until recently so maybe. Before that I used White Cloud from Walmart or Target, depending on which store I hit. I hated Huggies b/c they leaked & once someone gave me a store brand of diapers I thought they were just as good as the name brands. Now I wonder if the other store brands didn't smell as much as this one. Hmmm....

o

I use the Dri Bottoms from Walmart and they don't seem to smell that bad when she pees but the Pampers really seemed to make her pee smell stronger. Also is she getting enough liquids? I also noticed that when I used the Shopko or Walmart brand butt wipes I noticed they made her pee smell funny.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Parents of Infants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here