SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
paty_gw

I wish she'd quit waking up at 4 am!!!!

Paty
22 years ago

My DD is 12 weeks old and isn't even close to sleeping through the night. In fact, she hasn't even improved much since birth. She usually falls asleep between 5-6:30 pm, is up again around 10:30 pm, 2 am, 4 am, and finally around 6-7 am. I can handle the 2 am but the 4 am is killing me. Mainly because she doesn't want anything at that session! Usually she scarfs down a bottle and needs a new diaper and immediately crashes. At 4 am she wakes up "just to say hi!" She's hardly wet, only eats about an ounce, and just smiles at you the whole time you're changing her. Then, it gets worse. After I lay her down she fiddles a little bit and stays quiet. But, as soon as I get comfortable (back in bed) she starts screaming murder because she's lost her pacifier. Get up, stumble to her crib, plug in the pacifier and she sleeps a few more hours. This is a typical routine. How can I discourage the 4 am wake-up? She only uses a pacifier to get to sleep (spits it out during the day) and gets really P.O'd when she loses it. I'm tempted to keep her up later than 6 pm but a sleep book I read said that's a good time for babies to go to sleep. It is also nice because after taking care of her all day long it's nice to have a little quiet time with my DH before we go to bed. Once she starts daycare I might see things differently and want to keep her up to play with her. Anybody have any suggestions?

Comments (4)

Sponsored