Return to the Parents of Infants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What did you go to get rid of your tummy after baby? (more)

Posted by mzslb (My Page) on
Wed, Jan 30, 02 at 10:21

I had a baby girl 5 months ago via c-section. Prior to being pregnant I had a pretty tight stomach and now it's just stretched out I guess. Does your stomach permanently stay like this or will ab crunches help? I mean it just kinda hangs there!! It's mainly my lower stomach. I just want to know if it will tighten back up on it's own some or if I am doomed to this forever!! :-)

All replies appreciated!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What did you go to get rid of your tummy after baby? (more)

Well, you can tighten things back up, but the way I've always understood it, it's not going to be exactly the same as it was before the baby. Well, that is unless you want a really rigorous work out like models or singers or actresses. Most people still have a pouch to some extent down below your tummy. At least the people I know do.

~Leslie~

o

Good question, I had a section three months ago and my belly is horrid. I have this roll and I have no idea how to get rid of it.

I haven't been able to exercise yet either since I hurt my back. I am only allowed 2 minutes per day and they are spine exercises. I cannot wait to be able to do my Tae Bo tapes.

o

My tummy was flat again pretty quickly, but felt kinda weakened and flabby for months. I've never had a c-section, and so was able to exercise and do crunches again right away, which (I think) helped immensely.

I have heard that with a c-section, it's easier to get your tummy flat again if you had a bikini incision - the other kind is harder to recover from. Maybe someone with c-section experience can discuss this?

o

I had a c-section 7 mos ago. I pretty much lost the weight right away & didn't do much to exercise either. I don't have a flat tummy, but it's no different than before I had the baby, aside from stretch marks & a numb incision line.

o

I lost all my pre-pregnancy weight by 3 months post pardom, BUT my body shape has definitely changed. It is amazing that I weigh my pre-pregnanacy weight, but my stomach has a little roundness too it now. ;-) I think our bodies are never quite the same after kids.

o

I also had a c-section. That made it hard for me to exercise since I still have some pain with strenuous activity. I was going to start working out soon, but now I am pregnant again.

o

i had a c-section 11 weeks ago (to the day!) and i think i still have about 10 pounds to go to my prepreg weight.

my stomach was awesome before! not bragging, but a had a tight tummy with a line down the middle! i still have a line, but it's the one from being pregnant!

i had a low low down bikini cut, way below any bikini i would ever wear! i started doing sit-ups and yoga again a couple of weeks ago and i just hope in time my tummy will look good again! it doesn't look all that different anymore, just fatter.

my advice, drink lots of water, eat healthy, and work out!
that's all i think can be done ( :

-jami

o

I had two c-sections and my belly is as flat as it ever was. Yes, I had the "bikini cut" and it does help.

Oh, it only took about 2 months to get back to normal for me. Breast feeding really helped. Just because you've had a baby doesn't mean you'll always have a "pooch."

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Parents of Infants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here