Return to the Parents of Infants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
lousy burp cloths

Posted by sheilajoyce (My Page) on
Sun, Jan 21, 07 at 3:02

DD just had her first baby, and we had bought various packages of burp cloths. They are knitted and cute, but rather small, and they shrinked too. I cannot believe how small they are. Thank goodness I had made some double sided flannel burp cloths for her with the scraps from the receiving blanket I made. So she asked me to make a few more for her. Now I know what to make as a gift for new moms--sturdy, two-sided 100% cotton flannel burp cloths with a crocheted edge. Not a fancy gift, but sure appreciated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: lousy burp cloths

I found the store burp cloths were pretty bad too. I bought plain cloth diapers and used those. My friend appliques a design on hers and monograms them.

o

Yep -- I bought two packages (for a total of 20, I think) of cloth diapers. They are something like 15" x 20". The only thing I wish they were was a different color. White is nice to hide the spit up, but it's no good when you are reaching for a burp cloth and don't know where there's a "land mine" on it. Ha!

With 20 burp cloths I am able to have one or two in the living room, one near the glider in the nursery, one in her diaper bag, and one in her car seat, while changing them out as they become dirty... without having to do laundry every day.

o

I have since bought cloth diapers and now am crocheting edging on them. Just a lot easier than making the flannel ones as I have eliminated needing to sew 2 pieces together.

o

A friend made my DIL some burp cloths by decorating terry hand towels with sewn on trim. They lasted through 3 kids. They are not terribly cheap after you buy the towels and the trim but a really wonderflu shower gift! And you really don't have to decorate them just buy some hand towels ( not finger tip) in the colors of your choice.
Linda C

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Parents of Infants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here