Return to the Parents of Infants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
She Speaks!

Posted by Michie1 (My Page) on
Sun, Jan 20, 02 at 1:35

My daughter said her first word(s) tonight. She said
"Bye-Bye". She's been saying ba-ba for several weeks & lately I've been working on waving & I've been saying bye-bye. A few days ago she started waving, but not on command. Tonight we were video taping her & when I was about done I said "Bye-bye" & she waved & said it clearly.
My husband & I were ecstatic. We listened to the video to make sure we didn't confuse bye-bye with ba-ba, but nope it was very clear & she used it with the wave. My baby speaks! She's 6 mos & 4 wks! Who knows when she'll say it again but I got her first word on video!!!!!

Just had to tell you!!!!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: She Speaks!

WOW, that is great and especially since you got them on tape!! Now make sure to put that tape in the vault so nothing ever happens to it!

I'm jealous, My guys, 7 months old tomorrow, he's doing those bababa sounds constantly, so I'll have to try your tactics :o)

o
RE: She Speaks!

Congratulations!! That must have been such an exciting moment. I can't wait until Taylor can speak!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Parents of Infants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here