SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
teaka123_gw

Just Felt the Need .......

teaka123
16 years ago

Tuesday evening the mother of a girl on my daughterÂs basketball team passed away unexpectedly. Yesterday I spoke with another parent who knew her well and offered to do anything I could to help. Today I find out that the team members and their parents and the coach got together last night at a parentÂs home and that neither my daughter nor I were included.

My daughter found out about it at school today and was very hurt. At first two of her friends tried to keep the fact that they had met a secret from her so as not to hurt her feelings, but it wasnÂt done very well. One of them ended up telling her she was not included because the girl who lost her mother no longer liked her. They did not want to include her thinking it would upset the girl who lost her mother. These girls are all seniors in high school. My daughter has not had any disagreement with the girl and is hurt and confused on why she was singled out to be excluded. She feels horrible that someone she has been good friends with in the past has lost her mother and she feels terrible because she liked the girlÂs mother very much. My daughter is hurt and very upset that the girl apparently dislikes her so much that whoever organized the gathering felt my daughterÂs presence would be upsetting. She understands and believes everyone should rally behind and be as supportive as possible for the girl, but it is hard to deal with wanting to be supportive too and instead being excluded. She is concerned over practices and such. I must say we are both confused and saddened we like each member of the family and only said good things, because we felt that way. I plan on handling things just the way I would have if I didnÂt know about the gathering, etc. IÂll make them dinner, send a card to the family, send a note to the girl and attend the funeral. My daughter will do the same, write a note to her friend, make cookies and attend the funeral. WeÂve been fortunate in the past and really havenÂt had much of the typical "girl drama", but IÂm so dismayed that we would end up having some now under such sad circumstances. I know IÂm mom, but my daughter is a sweet girl and this all makes sad.

Comments (7)

Sponsored
KA Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading General Contractors in Columbus