SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
papajoe13_gw

Chrismas Child

papajoe13
17 years ago

Hello all,

This is my first post here & I am wondering if you all might be able to help out.My wife & I have an 8 year old daughter who was born on Dec. 25th,1998.We knew going in that it would be difficult to juggle between Christmas & birthday but up until now we have survived it all.We always make sure to give her a birthday celebration but it's usually later on in the day after our Christmas dinner is over.Also,I always make sure to wish her a happy birthday first thing in the morning with a hug & a kiss.Her response is usually the same with a "Thank you,merry Christmas."There have been occasions where after the Santa toys are played with & family gifts exchanged I'll suggest ending Christmas & celebrating her birthday for the rest of the day.She wants no part of it,she loves Christmas.She is very content with the way things are but every year it seems to break my heart more & more that the whole day does not belong to her.She feels very special that her birthday is on Christmas but I still feel a little cheated for her.I guess my question is,first of all,does anyone else here share the same situation?And I'm wondering what kind of ideas you might be able to come up with to help make my daughters birthday,her actual birthday,while still celebrating xmas?FWIW,this might be a case of me being selfish & wanting more for her because she is quite happy.Me,I'm pretty sad all Christmas/Birthday day long.

Comments (11)

Sponsored