SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hoakie2601

Dont know what to do!

hoakie2601
15 years ago

I tend to post long messages to get everything out. So thank you for reading in advance and helping me to understand.

I am married and we have a very extended family of kids both minors and adults. We have 2 of my husbands grandkids living with us also (not kids of the adults I am talking about). So in all we have 8 kids. The only kids we have living in our home are my husbands 2 grandkids.

My husbands daughter who is 27 and married got upset with my husband after our gift exchange. She told him that she was offended by the gifts that we got them and her brother (also married with a child). She told him that it was insulting that they opened gifts from linens and things while the 2 kids that live with us opened Ipods and my 16 year old daughter opened a necklace that I got her on a deal.

The grandkids have no one else to buy for them (in quanity) and we are pretty much their parents now. So they got more than anyone else. Even my kids who are bother minors children also.

I have always thought of Christmas more for the kids and not for the adults. But she is very upset with my husband now therefore he is upset also. He feels that we should do something specials for them (like take them to dinner or something like that) But I feel that it is just putting a bandaid on the problem here.

Am I right for being upset by this? I know my husband needs to talk to her about this, but I am upset also because I dont know what to do here.

So my question here would be. Where we right in buying more for the kids that live with us than the adult kids that we have? And any ideas on how to come to truce with this!

Thanks

Comments (12)

Sponsored
Fairfax Kitchen and Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars53 Reviews
DC Area's Top Rated Kitchen & Bath Remodeling Experts