SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
wildfire_gw

Does anyone keep other kids?

Wildfire
22 years ago

Hi! I have tried to search to see if anyone has posted these questions before, but I came up empty-handed. If this is a repeat post, please forgive me.

I am sooo very excited because my DH agreed to the possibility of me quitting my job to stay home with our 2 month old son. In order to this, I would have to supplement our income and since I love children (I'd have 10 if I could), I thought I would try keeping one or two other kids. If anyone has time, please answer a few questions for me. I greatly appreciate anything you have to offer!!

1.) How much should I charge? Daycare here ranges from $73.00 to 85.00 weekly.

2.) How much more should I charge for a second child in the same family?

3.) What arrangement to you have in case of emergencies? (Such as your own child being sick, death in family, anything that would keep you from being availiable.)

4.) What are your hours? And do you take a vacation or have different holiday hours?

5.) What kind of snacks/lunch do you provide? (hot meal everyday or a sandwich on some?)

6.) How do you handle your own older kids' schedule, such as sports, cub scouts, etc.? ( I also have a 6 yr. old that enjoys extra activities.)

7.) Do you have a contract and require a once-a-year supply fee like most daycare centers?

8.) How do you handle doctor visits for your own child?

I apologize for all of the questions. If you don't want to answer all, any would be great. I am really interested in doing this, and not just so I can stay home with my son.

Also, if I may ask, do you enjoy it? Or do you sometimes feel tied down?

If I missed anything that you feel I need to know, please feel free to tell me!

Thanks,

TracieB

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022