SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
peaches_gw

Family against a gift I bought my dd!

Peaches
22 years ago

I have an 11 year old dd. Dh and I are VERY careful of how she dresses, her music, freinds, etc. She goes to a Christian school. A pretty good kid so far, LOL

Well dd fell in LOVE with an outfit from limited too, which I dont normally buy from however it was her one big thing on her list. Actually clothes were the only things on her list almost, and she doesnt have to have limited too either.

Anyway, she really wanted this outfit. I told her from the start I didnt think Daddy would go for it. Well the skirt is a black "mini" skirt BUT it had the black shorts attached underneath. Well dh and I discussed it, it came with a normal sweater. We took dd in and had her try it on to see how it looked. Because dd is TALL for her age anyway, short skirts are almost always a NO. Well it ended up we could go a bigger size up to get a little more length on it and still fit since it was elastic waist type thing.

Anyway, in the end we bought it.

Christmas day my sister AND my brother really gave me heck about it. Said it was too old looking for her, too short, too grown up. They just couldnt believe I bought it for her and that my dh had actually agreed to buy it also. The skirt is actually longer than most of her SHORTS.

Now I am second guessing myself and unsure. (something I usually dont find myself doing when both dh and i agree on something like this) Have we made a mistake????

I just dont know. Now I am worried.

What to do though???

Comments (20)

Sponsored
MAC Design + Build
Average rating: 4.3 out of 5 stars18 Reviews
Loudon County Full-Service Design/Build Firm & Kitchen Remodeler