SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
adrienne_11

Grandparent favorite - one more for kimB

Adrienne_11
22 years ago

Hi KimB

just wanted to make one more point, but thought that you may not check the other thread...

you mentioned that the gifts are just an EXAMPLE of the favoritism seen, well, here's one that we put up with:

my dh has 3 sisters. 2 are 10 years older, so the younger of those 2 was "the baby" for 10 years. she is THE favorite. then came my dh, then another daughter. so....

on the main wall in their living room, is a giant (bigger than 10x14) almost life size black and white of the FAV at about 20yrs. then, there are 3-4 8x10's (maybe 10x14) of HER daughter, then 3-4 of the first 2 granddaughters and ONE meddly frame of ALL three other children and NONE of our son! now, there is one double frame of our ds with a similar photo of my dh as a baby - but we framed it and gave it to them and it's in another room (one no one uses).

my dh got soooo mad for the longest time -first when HER dd was born (one year earlier than our ds) and then when ds came along, and BLATANTLY pointed it out to them. they did change things a little, and became more aware of our feelings, but that wall in their living room will never change.

sad isn't it?

ad

Comments (3)

Sponsored
A.I.S. Renovations Ltd.
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars15 Reviews
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County