SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lov2garden

Nostalgias of Motherhood

lov2garden
21 years ago

I feel like such a nut! Every time I clean out drawers and closets, I come across little snipettes of my children. A photo, greeting card, some artwork. And I cry. I'm not sure why. I see my children at younger ages and I think I realize that those days are gone, those little people has transformed and I will never be able to hug them again, listen to their stories, play with them, laugh with them, watch them discovering life as if is a wonderful adventure. My memories are vivid and I can easily recall each of them at different ages since they were born...I can hear their voices and remember them clearly. It all went by so fast. My sons are now 18 and 21. We are very close and I am so proud of the way they are growing up.

I'm not sure why I find myself mourning over the early years that are gone now. I miss them and I guess I didn't want those magic years to end. Sometimes I feel blue for hours afterward and tears continue to fall. Who else can understand this? I am writing here in hopes there are others.

Comments (3)

Sponsored