SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lost1of3

DIL's Family Comes First or Else

lost1of3
15 years ago

My DIL and ES spend all holidays with her family and fit seeing my ex in whatever time they have left (if any). They do not miss coming to town to celebrate birthdays with her family but always have excuses for missing my son's family events such as his brother's college graduation. I often feel that I was eliminated so that they would not have to try and fit in one more family. My ex and other sons just take it because they have seen how easily I was cut out of their life. DIL and ES have accused me of talking down to my son when they prior told me much worst things that her mother has said like "my son was not good enough, etc." and yet when I told my son I thought he would regret quitting college with only 4 months left to graduate I am so horrible I have to be eliminated (this is the only direct thing they have told me I did to upset them). It just seems like I and my family are being held to a different standard. How can she justify her anti-family treatment of his side and be so family involved on her side?

Comments (17)

Sponsored
Michael Nash Design, Build & Homes
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars254 Reviews
Northern Virginia Design Build Firm | 18x Best of Houzz