SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
darkeyedgirl

Company Christmas party - kids invited!

darkeyedgirl
22 years ago

Hi all,

My company Christmas party is this coming Friday night.

I set the whole thing up mainly because I'm the new one on board (And the only female working with about 10 guys) and because I want to meet everyone's families, kids, spouses, etc.

Anyway everyone is really up and excited about it, but EVERYONE (the guys) are asking me, "what are the KIDS going to do during the two hours?"

!!!!

Any ideas?

The age range is between 2 years of age to up to 11 years of age. There will be about 20 adults and 10 kids. Mainly the age range is pre-schoolers and around that age. My 5 year old girl is bringing a bag full of Barbies and other fun toys (like puzzles) for the girls.

I am going to be playing Christmas music, have LOTS of finger foods, eggnog, brownies with little teddy grahams baked into them... etc... it is VERY kid oriented yet adult oriented, too. I just don't have a "Game plan" so to speak! I like going to parties where there IS no set plan, you just arrive and eat, drink, be merry, listen to music. But people seem worried about the kids getting bored.

The building that I work in is breathtaking... it is an old house with ornate fireplaces in every room (office), real wood floors, high ceilings, etc. I'm not worried about any messes because in truth, our cleaning crew is great and they'll be in the following day anyway.

I don't want to put anyone in charge of the small group of kids. I'm sure they will play on their own, or stick by their parents. The whole idea behind this party is for the adults to meet the other adults, and to introduce the kids/spouses to each other... not to babysit!

Are the toys going to be enough... or should I run out and get some games or something???

- darkeyedgirl

Comments (8)

Sponsored