SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nevin_gw

Dainty Sue & My Son's Birthday Party

Nevin
17 years ago

Hi, We had been looking for an entertainer for our son's 6th birthday. After an extensive search on the Internet, we approached the above performer, "Dainty Sue," who had quite an impressive CV published on her website.

She confirmed her availability for the required date, and sent us a confirmation email, in which she requested a 30% deposit. A cheque for the requested sum was promptly sent to her. That was a little less than a month before the party.

Four days before the birthday, my husband received a phone call from the performer, informing him that she has had a family emergency and would not be able to attend, but said she had arranged for another colleague of hers, "Angela" to entertain at our sonÂs party. Taking into consideration her family emergency, and being left with very little time to find a replacement performer, we agreed.

Despite "Dainty SueÂs" assurances of her colleagueÂs exceptional experience, skills, we started getting a bit worried after we contacted her colleague, and realized she had no solid references, no website, nothing! But again, at this stage, it was too late to do anything.

The day of the party, "Angela," the replacement performer, arrived on time, changed, and very quickly started engaging the children. I must say that the kids seemed to be quite happy with her, and although she did well within the limits of her abilities, we were not impressed; She only set up a few games, performed one or two (rather poor) magic tricks, she was very (VERY) poorly equipped, lacked initiative, and worst of all, she gave very little attention to the birthday boy. Despite that, we still settled the full remaining amount of the payment initially agreed with "Dainty Sue".

The most terrible part of our experience was when one of the parents told us that she had booked the same performer, "Dainty Sue," and that the same thing happened with her. We then felt very very bitter .. and although our sonÂs party went ok, we still wish if we had not booked this entertainer in the first place.

Comments (7)

Sponsored