SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cmadison_gw

My 18 year old daughter is barely speaking to me

cmadison
14 years ago

I know this is long but my life is complicated so pleas forgive me!

I need help! My daughter graduated last June, and turned 18 in September. My husband and I decided it would be best to move out of our house because we could not pay the rent and had to move in with family. My oldest daughter moved in with my mom and My husband, and 2 other children moved in with my grandmother. My husband had just started driving a truck and was gone for 6 wks at a time.

For 2 months she had been telling me she was moving out of the house as soon as she turned 18, so I didn't think she would be angry with me. About a week after we were finished moving out of the house her and my other daughter who is 16 went to see their very absent father in Oregon.

Within a week after visiting her father and his wife, Satan, my daughter decidied she was moving up there.

They were going to help her go to college, get her a car, board her horse, that I bought but could no longer pay board on for free. I knew that they were not capable of keeping their promises, but she decided she was going anyway.

So the plan was, she would come home when her sister did, and she would stay until the end of Summer. During this time, she would not barely speak to me.She talked to Satan everyday and evaded me. She started saying I don't want to tell you to everything I asked. The day she was supposed to leave for Oregon she called me crying. She said she was not going. She cried and she talked to me like she had always before.

That did not last. She still talked to her dad and Satan everyday and they kept trying to talk her into going although their true colors started showing through.

Since September my daughter refuses to tell me anything. Although she is nice for a day when she wants something.I have paid her board, thrown her a burthday party, made plans to go to San Francisco, which she cancelled because she had a hair appt. I lost 85 dollars on the hotel.

She refuses to get a job and blames it all on me. Recently she got back in a relationship with her dopey ex boyfriend and that has just made things between us even although I have not said one negative thing...which is why I am so stumped. I am actually minding my own business I just keep asking her why she wont talk to me. At this point I have lost too many tears and my heart literally hurts when I think of her. Now I am so angry I am tempted not to buy her a Christmas present!

So if you have any helpful words fo me please let me know.

Corey

Comments (7)

Sponsored
2 Navy Lane, LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars18 Reviews
Loudoun County's Leading Interior Designer