Return to the Parents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Making sure movies are appropriate BEFORE your children see them

Posted by bnicebkind (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 14, 05 at 21:54

I have come across sites two sites on line so that parents know exactly what is in a movie, BEFORE their children see the movie. It is under family movie review, and it will tell you what swear words are in the movie, it will describe any scenes with sexual content if a movie contains "any", It will describe positive elements/messages in a movie, and it will list negative elements in a movie. It will show you how to talk to your children about something in a movie that may be a lesson for your child, such as what happens when a character in the movie lies or cheats, etc. Here are the sites:
1) www.pluggedinonline.com
2) www.familymoviereview.com

After being blindsided a few times with our kids, we now know where we can check out what is in the movie before we are sitting in the theatre with the kids.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Making sure movies are appropriate BEFORE your children see t

Good for you, checking out movies before the kids see them. There is so much that is inappropriate.

o

screenit.com

o

Wow, that's great! There are so many films that I've insisted on waiting until they're available on DVD, pre-screening them with my husband, and THEN deciding if our boys can watch them. What a pain in the butt that has been...

o

I want to remind everyone about these sites. My friends and I all use the sites as they will list every cuss word, and anything at all the is inappropriate, so you as a parent are not blindsided. Plugged in has the most information, but I will often check both. Please spread the word to everyone you know with kids, as I cringe when I see kids in movies like Talladega Nights and feel for the parents who brought the kids thinking it would be OK.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Parents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here