SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
fun2golf_gw

What to do?

fun2golf
20 years ago

I have a son who is 37 years old, married with a son 17 and a daughter 6. He is still married to the same girl and both children are from this marrage. My son has had a drug problem for about 18 years. He has been in jail and has been to re-hab several times. He is also is ADD. He was diagnosed with the disorder about 10 years ago. He was put on medication for it. The medication as far as I can understand is the same as his drug of choice..meth. He continues to skip his Drs appts. and I assume gets his drugs elsewhere. He has not been a good husband or father in all the years of his marriage. When he got out of jail about 4 years ago, he was doing o.k. He slowly fell back into his old ways. I have been dealing with this and trying to help him for a long, long, time. I don't want to give up on him, but I can no longer deal with all of this. I have come to the conclusion, that all I am doing is being an enabler. His wife and I have therefor given him an ultimatim.He either decides to clean up his act or he is going to be sent out on his own. I would really appreciate any opinions on this matter. Am I wrong in doing this.

Thanks for your time.

Bev

Comments (5)

Sponsored