SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mariealways

Allow DD to quit soccer?

mariealways
14 years ago

I need advice. DD plays competitive soccer. I am unhappy with the current team she is on. The coach is one of the weaker coaches in the area, but the team does well due to sheer athleticism. DD, in particular, needs a strong coach who will push her. I also want a coach for her that teaches the game well. Playing time is also important. Well, of late, she has not been starting, despite being the strongest on her team at that position. I've seen less than 100% effort; and there has been no improvement (in fact, in certain areas, she has regressed). I contribute most of this to the coach. What also bothers me is that the coach charges the most out of all other top teams in the area (by over 1k). So, on a value level, I just don't think its worth it. So, I've been talking to DD about checking out other teams. Being strong-headed, she wants to stay with her friends despite not being thrilled with the amount of time she gets to play. And its not like they are really close friends. Her best friends aren't on the team. She says she'd rather quit soccer altogether than move to another team. She loves soccer. Even more than her other sports. What should I do? Should I allow her to quit (she'll probably miss it and eventually return to the sport) or let her stay on her current team where she isn't growing and doesn't play that much?

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Van Metre Homes
Average rating: 4.2 out of 5 stars18 Reviews
Loudoun County's Leading Home Builder | 5x Best of Houzz