SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
believer_gw

How to cope with life's difficult times....

believer
15 years ago

Part of this is a parent issue, part of it is a human issue. Both situations are heart issues and giving me a real run for my money.

My first heartache is for a little boy that is dying of a cancerous brain tumor. He is the son of our former principal of the small, private school that my DS and SS attend. When you are involved in a small school you get to know the faculty and their families. With my DS having learning disabilities I was visiting with this principal quite often. He and and his family moved at the beginning of the year so that he could take a position in a different school. Since his 3 year old son has battled cancer at 10 months old and then again is currently the family has kept us all updated on the young child's progress. They have done all that is possible for him and now are just having to watch him make the journey from this life to the other. He can't walk, has a hard time eating and can barely crawl. My SD was in class with his sister so they all pray for him, Kaden, in class. The entire school is in touch with his situation and helping the family in many different ways.

I can only imagine what they must be going through and it breaks my heart. I don't think about it all of the time but when I do I have a very tearful time of it. They have said that they are trying to make as many memories with him as possible and do not expect him to make it until Christmas. My heart is just breaking for this mother and father and their 3 other children.

My other issue: DD20 comes home last night and is in quite a state. She and boyfriend of 2 1/2 years have broken up. I was not excited by this relationship when it began. He is 11 years her senior and although he has been pretty good to her and very nice to us I just didn't feel in my heart that he was "the one". I have had the most loving mother to daughter talks with my beloved DD, trying to pass on motherly wisdom without pushing her away form me or butting in too much. I have let her know my concerns but also that I do not know who God has chosen for her so I will not assume that I do.

This man comes from a past that would make even the hardest heart ache. His mother committed suicide when he was 7 and his father was a monster. When CJ was 8 his dad beat him so badly that his arm was broken. A farmer found him in his field, the next morning, where his father dumped him. He was in the foster care system until he was 16. He was on his own after that. He made some poor choices along the way but now is doing fine. He has no family.

I believe that DD daughter has made a choice that was deeply difficult for her because she truely loves him. She said that she knows that just because you love some one deeply doesn't mean that you are suppose to build a life with them. It is just not working.....many difficulties that I won't ad at this point. She came home from his place last night..about 1 am....I woke up when the phone rang...she was walking home...it is just a few blocks from where we live. DS was up then too and when she got home the 3 of us sat and talked and cried and it was quite a Hallmark moment.

With the Holidays so close my heart breaks for this man, knowing all that he has been through and that he will be alone. Adding this to Kaden's situation is giving me a really difficult time.....I think I'll hop in the shower....take a walk later and try and shake this tearful state of mind that I am in. Sometimes it seems that I weep for the entire world. What does a person do.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!