SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
freezetag

Thank you ideas for a nice mom

freezetag
16 years ago

Our school has 1/2 day kindergarten, so I kept my daughter at the home-based preschool she attended last year for the mornings, then she goes to afternoon kindergarten. Dh and I have fairly flexible work schedules, and are mostly able to drive her, but there are two days a week when we often have trouble leaving work. So I sent a note home, asking whether any of the other parents would be interested in carpooling (I offered to drive three days).

One of the other moms replied back, and offered to take my daughter to school two days a week. She didn't want/need me to drive her daughter, as she is a stay at home mom, and said she always has her daughter with her. I offered to pay her, but she said it was not necessary, either. I am happy for her generosity, but feel uncomfortable with the one-sidedness of the arrangement. A couple of years ago, I drove a child to kindergarten (because his mother ran a home daycare, and couldn't leave the house). I didn't want her to pay me, either, but she offered to watch my youngest child for free anytime I had a field trip or appointment. So that worked well for both of us.

Another issue is that the other mom's English is fairly limited, and I don't speak Spanish. So I wonder a bit if I have interpreted her correctly. I didn't want to insist that I pay her or drive her daughter, but maybe she would have accepted if I had. I don't know her personally; I've jsut seen her around school as we both have older children as well. Anyone have thoughts about how to show appreciation without insulting her if she just wants to do a kind deed?

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022