SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
superbuggin

How do I stop this?

superbuggin
10 years ago

This issue is not a major problem, but it's very annoying non the less, my son is 5 years old and has got in this habit of if I'm not looking at him,I'm not listening! I was playing army men with him and I'm setting up my guys, he says mommy, I say yes, he says mommy, I says yes, he grabs my face so I'm looking at him, mommy that guy goes there!
I've tried talking to him that he can't grab my face and I've told him even though I'm not looking at him I CAN STILL HEAR him, I've read stuff about kids wanting to see your expression if something is funny or to feel reassured that u like it too.
But it's like me looking at him saying yes so he knows I'm listening, and he can keep talking does not cut it sometimes, i guess I wonder about school. I don't want him yelling at the teacher because she is not looking at him! Lol.
I'm not sure what goes on at my ex's. I know he goes to daycare for that week, is he grabbing peoples faces there?! He is with me all day on my week. Should I talk to the daycare lady and see what his behaviors are there? My ex is sort of in the I'm not telling u anything mode. If I'm driving he wants me to turn around and look at him while he tells me about Spider-Man, is my ex looking at him while driving? I explain it not safe and I can't look at him right now, but I can hear him. Hopefully this starts sinking in before kindergarten lol.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH