SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
volgirl65_gw

Adult dtr living at home with a baby

Volgirl65
11 years ago

My dtr had moved out of the house then moved back after telling me she was pregnant last yr. She had a beautiful boy in April and they are still at home. She works full time but never saves a dime. I have told her she needed to be out by the end of this yr. She always ignores me when I try to talk about that. The biggest problem I have is that she refuses to keep her room clean or pick up her messes in the house. I am getting ready to sell the house and told her she needs to go before it goes on the market. She is going to have to move in with her dad by the end of the yr so really what's the difference in moving now vs in a month? I tried to talk to her again and she is just disrespectful. So yesterday I told her to get the room clean before work this morning or find a place to live tonight. She spouted off that I am throwing her and my grandbaby out on the streets and she will make sure I never see my grandbaby again if I do that.

I know she was mad and didn't really mean it, but I don't know what to do next. She is 22, not paying rent, not cleaning up after herself or the baby, doesn't offer to do any chores, and when I ask for help she always has something else to do instead. I can't possibly put this house up for sale with her living here. And I am not trying to throw her out on the streets. Her dad has room for her and said she could move in there temporarily.

She has really hurt me this time. What to do? Am I making this out to be a bigger deal than it should be? I am thinking she needs to go even though I will hate to see her leave.

Comments (2)

Sponsored