SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
anniebal

Niece's with brats

anniebal
15 years ago

I think I will never have another get together at my house if my nieces don't learn to control their kids. I feel awful for this but I didn't let my kids run wild at people's homes, they had limits and bounds. These kids have no bounds, they can do anything they want putting my collections and general house in peril.

I sat in the livingroom with my niece as her six year old son jumped back and forth over our couch. He stood up on our bay window, and the back of the couch. Finally I told him nicely that he couldn't stand on the back of the couch but I don't think he stopped doing it. Meanwhile my niece just keeps talking and never says a word to him.

There is also a younger child that is only 1.5 years. Much of the time she didn't even follow him into the other room to see what he was doing. I go in there and he is lifting books out of an antique container I have (and the books are collectors.) My niece does nothing, just has this look on her face like it's out of her control. Next he knocked off an vintage glass jar I have with buttons inside it.

I see him running around the kitchen and livingroom carrying a mini-pumpkin muffin in his hand (that has chocolate chips in it!) He is just going freely from one room to the next.

Next, the little one is slapping at our little dog. You think my niece spoke up and tried to teach him that that is wrong and that the dog may bite him...NO, NOTHING.

I'm exasperated and beyond angry. I know my niece is a single mom and that that is very difficult but to have such disregard for someone else's home and furniture is mind boggling. I don't see inviting her again knowing what I know now.

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators in Franklin County