SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pinkpeonies_gw

i need advice. bil & sil expecting

pinkpeonies
15 years ago

if you go back thru posts, you know that our relationship with the in-laws has been strained.

they never made much of an effort to see us. When Xmas came we asked if years ago we could tone it down between the six of us. MIL had no interest. She gives us a list of what she wants each year. So my hubby and myself quit exchanging gifts with the family.

At one time I was close to my MIL and she hated my SIL. As I started to take notice of things with my MIL, I took steps back and my SIL saw the chance to step in. They have a better relationship I would say.

Once we had our baby it seemed like in-laws wanted to try to improve the relationship. While not great. It's been a little better.

BIL & SIL after years of trying finally are expecting this spring. In a week it seems like in-laws have already started to ignore our child. My hubby is out of town for two weeks and my in-laws haven't called. They said they wanted to help out. I haven't heard from them at all.

Two weeks ago they were planning Christmas and Thanksgiving around our baby due to the nap schedule. Suddenly it's changed back to either be here at this time or we will not see you.

I know this is horrible of me. But, I had such hope that it was going to get better. now I feel depressed. I want to be happy for SIL & BIL. Only I feel such anxiety that I can't be. My hubby said he feels much the same.

I know my MIL and SIL will enjoy planning for the baby. Something my MIL didn't do with me.

I wish I could say to my MIL and FIL that they have a granchild that they never see. Please don't forget him when the next baby arrives.

I wish that I had a better relationship with them. I wish I could trust them. But, I can't. She is so nosey. I cant' stand for her to be in my house. I also get sick of her treatment of us and then no apologies. yet, here I am bothered that my child will be excluded or ignored.

It's sick but my MIL and FIL manipulate me too I guess.

Comment (1)

Sponsored