SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tracystoke

daughter has a friend with learning dissability

tracystoke
12 years ago

There is quite a few kids on our street,who often come to play with my kids in my garden.There is one girl who has a learning dissability.I have forgot the name for it. It Is something to do with memory,and she has the brain age of a 5 year old.She is 8.She has been diagnosed with this,so Im not just guessing.Her mother befriended me about 4 months ago ,which got this girl coming to play.She is ok when there is just her and one other child playing with her,but when there is more than one she is absolutly terrible,bites ,punches ,kicks.Just totally out of control.Now my problem Is,there is always a few children in my garden, so this girl doesnt play nice,her mother as fell out with most of the parents on the street,and because she has befriended me, she thinks I should let her daughter play with my kids by herself and tell the other kids they cant play on some days,but Ive noticed her behaviour rubbing off on my kids and wonder how I should handle the situation.I dont want to be cruel to this girl,but Im sick of it.

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Trish Takacs Design
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars36 Reviews
Award Winning & Highly Skilled Kitchen & Bath Designer in Columbus