o
8 year old boy... killed by uzi...

Posted by silversword (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 28, 08 at 14:53

Boy Accidentally Killed by Submachine Gun at Firearms Expo
Father, Instructor Nearby When the 8-Year-Old Fired Micro Uzi
By SARAH NETTER
Oct. 27, 2008

"With his father and a firearms instructor standing nearby, an 8-year-old Connecticut boy shot himself in the head with a submachine gun yesterday, killing himself in an accident some say should never have happened."

y'think? Who would let their 8 year old fire an UZI?

Here is a link that might be useful: ABC Report

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 8 year old boy... killed by uzi...

What a sad story....what are people thinking? That is something that would drive you insane if you had to live with it being your responsibility. So So Sad. His dad was a Doctor, right? Geez...makes me ill.

o

"Who would let their 8 year old fire an UZI?"
Obviously, that dad....

o

I heard this too, crazy, very sad.

o

Unbelievable. What a horrible thing to happen. Very sad. Christy

o

that's why i am for a very serious gun control. just in case some people are too stupid to not allow children around weapons.

o

Hi Finedreams,
Do you think the responsibility should lie with legislature or with the boy's parents?

I'm so torn on this. 1. I feel that no child should be around semi-automatic weapons. But 2. my parents were around shotguns, etc. their entire lives and none of their friends or family ever were injured from those guns.

What changed? I'm really puzzled.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Parents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here