SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
graylight_gw

visiting friends

graylight
14 years ago

Hi,

First off, let me just say upfront that I think I probably have some kind of phobia. I never touch doorknobs in public places, (use a napkin or long sleeve), etc. anyway, this issue has been bugging me for quite a long time. I tried to handle it once by just coming out and telling the offender what he did. What am I getting at? Washing hands. Specifically, NOT washing hands after using the toilet. My son's friends sometimes don't do this or just have the water running at the sink for like a second or two so I know that they really didn't wash. Several years ago, when one of his friends did this, I politely (is there a polite way to ask?) asked if he'd washed his hands. He said yes. I asked him if he could wash again. He angrily went up and washed but he never came over again. I don't want to estrange my son's friends from him. But I also don't want germs on computer keyboards and game controllers, etc. Since that time, I've never asked any of his friends again but after they leave, I go around the house cleaning hand held devices with alcohol.

Anyway, it just happened again. Only this time, this friend "washed" his hands in the kitchen sink (!) without soap (I'm assuming without soap because the water only ran a second or two). I did not ask him to wash his hands, I guess they felt gummy to him. He said he was washing his hands and got up and went to the kitchen. Did he use a kitchen towel to dry them? I'm grossing myself out as I write this. I hate to say it, but I can't wait for him to leave so I can start disinfecting. Aghh!

Can anyone relate or am I bonkers? Any solutions?

I should say that most of his friends do have good habits, it's just an occasional fright, and this time it came on HALLOWEEN!

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Capri Home Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars33 Reviews
Reputable Home Renovation Company Serving Northern Virginia