Return to the Parents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Warning about Bissel Vacuum Cleaners

Posted by christy2828 (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 14, 08 at 13:09

I came across this article on Babycenter and need to share it. I didn't see in the article what make/model of Bissel this was, but this is worth a read. Here is a link to the article, and below is a link to the photo. Poor babe. Christy

http://community.babycenter.com/post/a1675975/

Here is a link that might be useful: Photo

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Warning about Bissel Vacuum Cleaners

MODEL INFO:

Bissell "PowerForce Turbo" Bagless 6585 series

TELL EVERYONE YOU KNOW.

http://www.cafemom.com/journals/read/1252602/1_yr_old_burned_by_a_Bissell_Vaccuum_Graphic

o

Thanks, silversword. I was suprised when this didn't get more responses, I think it is appalling and people need to know about it. Especially if Bissel isn't taking any responsibility. This forum seems to be more of an Estrangement forum lately, maybe no one with small children. Christy :)

o

Christy, I was horrified too. Especially since I 'love' Bissell and have one in my home right now... groan. I have made sure since you posted that to check to make sure it's not overheating (it's not) and to put it away right after using it. If that vacuum could do that to that poor poor poor little boy, it seems like it would be a fire hazard too, don't you think?

And yet, everyone knows what Brittney's doing this week. Our media is focused on entirely the wrong sort of "news" if you ask me.

This will have an effect on my purchasing decisions in the future.

o

Hi again,
I just posted this to the "Parents of Infants" and "Parents of Toddlers" site.

o

Thank you again!! I know we try to keep our kids safe from everything, but some things make it under the radar. If Bissel doesn't take responsibility, us Mommies need to!!! What that poor child, and mother had to go through, other people need to know this. Thanks again, Christy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Parents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here