SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kmttsmom

Grandchildren's gifts...should I still keep sending them?

kmttsmom
15 years ago

Like the rest of us here, I am also not allowed any access to my grandchildren. I have been sending gifts, but as of yet, have not been invited to any parties, nor have I received any acknowledgments of the gifts received. The children are 4 and 2 years of age, so I know they alone cannot acknowledge the gift.

I am afraid that if I continue to send gifts, it will only give my daughter more satisfaction. I don't want to look like I am trying to buy my way back into these children's lives. At the same time, I want these children to grow up knowing, that even though I didn't see them, I still thought about them on their birthdays.

Knowing my daughter, she has never told the children where the gifts come from. Because she nor her husband will work, and are living off of welfare, it wouldn't be too far fetched that she either claims the gifts are from her OR takes them back to the store and keeps the cash for cigarettes. This is something I will never know for sure.

The last thing I want to do is give my daughter more power. She is enjoying having the upper hand immensely. She told my youngest daughter that I deserve it.

I hate the relationship between me and my only grandchildren has to suffer.

Does anyone have any thoughts, comments, or advice about this?

Thanks,

kmttsmom

Comments (24)

Sponsored
SK Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Loudoun County's Top Kitchen & Bath Designer I Best of Houzz 2014-2022