Return to the Parents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Teen Whisperer: Teens and Youth who need help

Posted by bnicebkind (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 18, 07 at 9:13

THE TEEN WHISPERER...I came upon a book titled: "The Teen Whisperer" by Gary Brozek. The book is about Mike Linderman who is a teen therapist, unlike any other. He counsels some of the country's most troubled teens, and helps to heal relationships with their families. More than just a plan to rein in bad behavior, The teen Whisperer deconstructs the emotional barriers that adolescence has placed between you and your child.

I know zero about this book, but noticed it while walking past the book isle at Target.

This therapist is also a cowboy on a Montana ranch.

Anyway, I thought I would mention it in case you know anyone who is desperate for help, and does not know where to turn. Perhaps it will help someone.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Teen Whisperer: Teens and Youth who need help

This is interesting. I'll look for it. It often seems to me that people with troubled teens want to dump all the blame on their teens and never look at themselves for any part in the problem.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Parents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here