SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
plasticgarden

Friends of a bad influence

plasticgarden
16 years ago

(I'am the member formally known as Coolmama. I had my internet turned off for about four months while I moved and stuff and requested that account to be closed.)

What I want to know,is how many of you have exprienced a child that you felt wasnt the best influence on your child?

What did you do in the situation? Continue to let your child play with them? Limit their time together? Try to talk to their parents?

Here is where I'm at.My daughter has recently started puberty (a topic that certainly deserves it's own thread!).

There is a girl younger then her that constantly wants to come over in the neighborhood. She is very immature,very loud,sometimes rude and disrespectful.She often yells at the other kids around and tells them what to do.She tries to "team up" with my daughter to leave other children out,and then drama insues.

Twice I have grounded my daughter because I do not feel this is good behavior and I feel she's being a "follower".

Recently I have told my daughter that she needs a break from this girl.

I got a phone call from her mother (after my husband had already told her what the problem was) wanting to know why her daughter cant play with mine.

I havent responded yet.So,has anyone here dealt with a similar situation? I really dont want to come off as rude about this to my neighbor.I do think maybe my daughter should start hanging out with girls her own age though.Kids definitely pick up their friend's behavior,and I dont really like what she is picking up from this girl.

Comments (15)

Sponsored
Dream Outdoor Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
Providing Quality Home Improvements in South Riding for Over 30 Years