Return to the Parents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Question for those who use babysitters

Posted by phillymom (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 18, 05 at 21:58

I am planning to interview some local babysitters for my 2 children ages 4 and 18 months. I plan to use her 1-2 times per month for maybe 2-3 hours

What age is the babysitter you use? I am not sure what a good age is for someone to be watching 2 younger children

Any advice??

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Question for those who use babysitters

Depends on a lot of things....not the least of which is where you will be...and the responsibility of the sitter.
I like 13 to 14 year old girls....they are old enough to be responsible and young enough to spend a lot of time playing with your kids and not be on the phone with friends. And I find that after that age they are too busy to baby sit or have other jobs.
My daughter baby sat at 10....but with the infant next door and when she did we were always home.
Linda C

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Parents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here